Efficient, Mid-Sized Urban SUV
With a pleasingly efficient, three-cylinder turbocharged 1.2-litre petrol engine, the Opel Grandland sits comfortably within the Cat A banding of COE, making it a more financially viable option as an everyday car. Though its engine doesn’t deliver a punchy, powerful drive (neither was it designed to), its well-balanced nature brings a smooth, quiet drive.
“The turbo three-cylinder engine is among the best we have ever seen in a series production car to date, which goes quite a way to explain why it has spread across many of Stellantis’ brands.”
Despite the growing popularity of EVs and hybrids, the Opel Grandland still makes a decent case for itself with an economical, efficient engine. Even with its price tag catapulting it amongst other mid-luxury competitors, its alternatives cannot come anywhere near what the Grandland can easily manage.
Elegant and Streamlined German Styling
In the giant screen wars being waged amongst its competitors, the Opel Grandland is a non-contender. While that may appear like a loss for the SUV, its German approach to styling (clutter-free and refined) leaves behind a sleek cabin lifted with silver accents. Carried through to the exterior, a large chrome vizor wraps the front end into a single element. While not being an EV or hybrid, it brings a sleek look to the car’s front end.
Read the full Opel Grandland review by Carbuyer.
The standard features of the Opel Grandland include:
- 130 HP (96kW) turbocharged direct injection petrol engine
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED Headlights and LED Taillights
- Opel Pure Panel
- 10″ IntelliLink® infotainment multimedia system with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ connectivity
- 12″ Digital Instrument Cluster
- Intelligent front camera safety system
- Forward Collision Alert
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Cruise Control
- Lane Keep Assist
- Side Blind Spot Alert
- Panoramic rear view camera with Opel™ Advance Park Assist for seamless parking
- Keyless Entry and Start
- Electric Parking Brake
- Hands-Free Power Tailgate
- Versatile boot storage–up to 514 litres of load space which can be maximized to 1,652 litres with rear seats collapsed
- 6 airbags: driver’s and front passenger’s airbags, and curtain airbags for front and rear passengers