A Car That Makes You Double Take
Despite its bold design, the Opel Mokka-e still retains a German appeal. Its vizor reflects the brand’s futuristic nature, while the “winged” bonnet, V-shaped front end and black roof gives an obvious nod to the first-generation Manta coupe.
“While the Mokka-e is related to its French e-2008 cousin, I feel that there is enough to visually differentiate both cars here.”
The driver display is a neatly laid-out 12.0-inch screen, customisable to your liking. To the left of it, there is a 10–inch infotainment touchscreen, which boasts both Apple Carplay and Android Auto connectivity. What got us was that it had built-in sat-nav, which is a rarity for a car in its class.
Even with the obvious French inputs, Opel has ensured that a good measure of its brand identity is retained on the interior. The button clusters and switches below this are all Opel’s. The steering wheel also very much belongs to the German marque.
Overall, the interior, even with its hard plastics, does not feel anything which hints at “entry-level”. The boot, which has a capacity of 350 litres trumps the cargo area of its competition.
A Drive That Potters Happily Between Junctions
In town, the small SUV gets to legal traffic speeds quicker than you can say Manta is a Ray. The amount of shove you can milk from the electric motor depends on which of the three drive modes (“Sport”, “Normal” and “Eco”) you select. In “Sport” the Mokka-e feels punchier since all of its 130hp is unleashed. In “Normal” drive mode, the output is reduced to 107 hp, which I find sufficient in most traffic conditions. “Eco” restricts you to 80 hp, but still keeps the small SUV decently drivable.
We found the interior better insulated than we’d had expected, and the 17-inch wheels on 215/60 Michelin Primacy tyres, paired with a rather pliant suspension, translates to a comfortable ride quality.
Read the full Mokka-e review by Top Gear Singapore.
The standard features of the Mokka-e includes:
- 130 hp (97 kW) motor
- Battery capacity of 50 kWh
- Max driving range of up to 363 km
- 17-inch multi-spoke alloy wheels
- LED Headlights with Daytime Running Lights
- LED Taillights
- Opel Pure Panel
- 12″ digital instrument cluster
- 10″ IntelliLink® infotainment multimedia system with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ connectivity
- Intelligent front camera safety system
- Cruise Control
- Lane Keep Assist
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- 180° rear view camera with Park Pilot for seamless parking
- Keyless Entry and Go
- Versatile boot storage–up to 350 litres of load space which can be maximized to 1,105 litres with rear seats collapsed
- 8 airbags: driver’s and front passenger’s airbags, front & rear seats side impact airbags, and curtain airbags for front and rear passengers
Experience the all-new 100% electric Opel Mokka-e today by booking a test drive.