While the market for SUVs and electric cars is becoming increasingly saturated with options, The Business Times notes that the Opel Mokka-e stands out. Being the first electric SUV here to sport a German badge and qualify for the cheaper Category A Certificate Of Entitlement (COE).
Keep reading to discover what else The Business Times thinks about the Opel Mokka-e.
Living with an Opel Mokka-e could be as simple as stopping at the right mall for a slow cup of mocha. Equipped with a simple-to-use touchscreen menu system, physical switches for quick access to key infotainment features and easy-to-use knobs for the air-con.
Unlike the standard one-pedal stuff offered in other EVs, the Opel Mokka-e is tuned like a regular car and can be driven easily by just about anyone. Its responsive and instant kick accelerator makes the Mokka-e an engaging drive.
“Even when you floor it, the Mokka-e is like a library inside, and it doesn’t have the bouncy ride that small SUVs usually do. The experience is zen enough to make you wonder if you shouldn’t spurn the oil companies for this.”
In the end, for the money, you get a striking car. Thanks to a black roof and a glossy black strip that stretches across the front of the car, the Mokka-e’s low, wide and mean exterior is akin to a pair of sunglasses. And much like the accessory, it’s a must-have to thrive in sunny Singapore.
The standard features of the Mokka-e include:
- 130 hp (97 kW) motor
- Battery capacity of 50 kWh
- Max driving range of up to 363 km
- 17-inch multi-spoke alloy wheels
- LED Headlights with Daytime Running Lights
- LED Taillights
- Opel Pure Panel
- 12″ digital instrument cluster
- 10″ IntelliLink® infotainment multimedia system with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ connectivity
- Intelligent front camera safety system
- Cruise Control
- Lane Keep Assist
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- 180° rear view camera with Park Pilot for seamless parking
- Keyless Entry and Go
- Versatile boot storage – up to 350 litres of load space which can be maximized to 1,105 litres with rear seats collapsed
- 8 airbags: driver’s and front passenger’s airbags, front & rear seats side impact airbags, and curtain airbags for front and rear passengers
Experience the all-new 100% electric Opel Mokka-e today with a test drive.